CAVATELLI WITH GRILLED VEGETABLE PRIMAVERA
Yield: 12 portions
4 ½ lbs. - Rosina® Cavatelli Pasta (48-48023-100)
3 cups - Olive Oil
6 oz. - Roasted Garlic, chopped
3 lbs - Assorted Grilled Vegetables, diced
(red onion, red and green bell pepper, mushroom,
zucchini, yellow squash, etc)
6 oz. - Fresh Tomato, diced
6 oz. - Sun-Dried Tomato, packed in oil, chopped
12 oz. - Parmesan cheese, shredded
8 tbsp. - Fresh Basil, thinly shredded
4 tbsp. - Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp. - Salt, kosher
2 tbsp. - Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Place 6 oz. Rosina® Cavatelli Pasta in boiling salted water and cook for 5-7 minutes until al dente, drain and hold warm.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat, then add ¼ cup of olive oil and ½ oz. of roasted garlic and toss until you can just smell the garlic, 1-2 minutes.
- Add 4 oz. of assorted grilled vegetables and toss in the oil until just heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked Rosina® Cavatelli Pasta and toss until fully incorporated and heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Add ½ tsp. of both the basil and parmesan cheese and toss.
- Add 1 tsp. of balsamic vinegar and ½ tsp. of salt and toss.
- When all products are fully heated through, place the pasta into a warm serving bowl.
Garnish with ½ oz. parmesan. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of basil and ½ tsp. of fresh cracked pepper.