Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Skillet Cornbread
Yield: 1 six-inch skillet
Portion Size: 2 to 3
1 box - Cornbread mix
2 ears - Corn on the cob
1 T - Unsalted butter
tt - Kosher salt
tt - Freshly ground black pepper
1 - Rosina stuffed pepper
½ cup - Shredded cheddar cheese
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package instructions.
- Cut corn kernels off the cobs.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add butter. When butter is melted, add corn kernels and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- When cooled slightly, add corn kernels to cornbread batter and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into 6 inch cast iron skillet. Nestle stuffed pepper in the center and top the cornbread with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake cornbread in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.