Chili Pepper Dog
Yield: 4 chili pepper dogs
Portion Size: 1 chili pepper dog
1 T - Canola oil
4 each - Rosina stuffed peppers
2 cups - Black bean chili
6 each - Tomato slices
4 each - Hot dog or sausage buns
optional, as needed - Shredded cheddar cheese
Method of Preparation
- Preheat griddle or nonstick medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- Wipe griddle with 1 tablespoon canola oil or heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in skillet.
- Cook peppers, turning frequently until softened, heated through, and charred in spots.
- While peppers are cooking, heat chili in microwave or in a medium saucepan.
- On griddle or in nonstick pan, toast the hot dog or sausage buns until golden brown.
- Cut each tomato slice in half to form half moons. Line one side of each bun with three half moons of tomato. Spoon 1/3 to ½ cup chili into bun.
- Split each pepper down the center, taking care not to cut all the way through. Place pepper on top of chili, garnishing with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
Serve each chili pepper dog with chips and extra chili on the side.