Ciabatta Chicken Sandwich
Yield: 4 sandwiches
Portion Size: 1 sandwich
2 T - Canola oil
2 each, julienned - Large Sweet Onions
tt - Kosher salt
tt - Freshly ground black peppers
4 each - Chicken breasts
4 each - Rosina stuffed peppers
4 T - Roasted garlic and herb dressing (see recipe below)
4 each - Square ciabatta rolls
8 slices - Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
4 large leaves - Green leaf lettuce
Roasted Garlic and Herb Dressing
Yield: approx. 1 ½ cups
4 cloves - Roasted garlic
1 T - Thyme, chopped
¼ cup - Parsley, chopped
¼ cup - Basil, chopped
1 T - Chives, chopped
1 cup - Buttermilk
2 T - Cider vinegar
¼ cup - Sour cream
tt - Kosher salt
tt - Freshly ground black pepper
Method of Preparation
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until beginning to brown and caramelize, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to medium low and cook until brown and soft, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, turn on grill to medium high or heat grill pan over medium high heat. Drizzle chicken breasts and stuffed peppers with 1 tablespoon canola oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until chicken is cooked through and peppers are slightly charred and heated through. Let rest on a plate covered with aluminum foil until ready to build sandwich.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for Roasted Garlic and Herb Dressing. Mix thoroughly with a whisk and set aside.
- Slice ciabatta buns in half and toast on the grill, if desired. Place one leaf of lettuce on the bottoms. Top with 2 tablespoons of warm caramelized onions and two tomato slices.
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise and arrange on sandwich. Split peppers lengthwise and arrange on top of chicken.
- Drizzle Roasted Garlic and Herb Dressing over the top of the sandwich or serve it on the side.
Place bun top on sandwich and serve hot.