Grilled Pepper Crostini
Yield: 4 bite-sized crostini
Portion Size: 1 crostini
1 tablespoon, plus 1/3 cup - Extra virgin olive oil
4 each - Baguette slices
1 each - Rosina stuffed pepper
½ cup - Prepared basil pesto
Basil sprigs, for garnish as desired
Method of Preparation
- Prepare grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- Brush baguette slices and stuffed pepper with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Grill until bread is toasted and pepper is charred and heated through. Let pepper cool 5 minutes.
- Slice pepper on the bias into 4 equal pieces.
- Mix prepared basil pesto with additional 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread pesto on top of baguette slices then top with a piece of grilled pepper.
Drizzle with additional basil pesto if desired and garnish with a small basil sprig; serve.