Grilled Vegetarian Wrap
Yield: 4 wrap sandwiches
Portion Size: 1 wrap sandwich
1 each, large - Eggplant
2 each, medium - Zucchini
2 each, medium - Yellow squash
2 each, large - Red bell pepper
4 each - Rosina stuffed peppers
3 T - Canola oil
tt - Kosher salt
tt - Freshly ground black pepper
1 jar - Roasted red peppers, drained
2 cloves - Garlic, minced
2 T - Pine nuts, toasted
½ cup - Parmesan cheese, grated
1/3 to ½ cup, plus more for brushing - Extra virgin olive oil
½ cup - Mayonnaise
4 each - Whole grain tortillas
Method of Preparation
- Prepare grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- Slice eggplant, zucchini, and yellow squash lengthwise in ¼ slices. Cut red bell pepper in quarters and remove all ribs and seeds. Drizzle cut vegetables and stuffed peppers with canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables and stuffed peppers until softened and slightly charred. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a food processor, roasted red peppers, 1 clove of minced garlic, toasted pine nuts, and parmesan cheese. Process until finely chopped. With motor running, stream in extra virgin olive oil until a thick pesto forms. Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Mix remaining minced garlic clove with mayonnaise and reserve.
- Slice grilled vegetables into strips.
- Lay whole grain tortillas flat on work surface. Spread each with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the garlic mayonnaise. Arrange grilled vegetable strips along center of tortilla leaving a half inch border at each end and place a grilled stuffed pepper on top. Drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of roasted red pepper pesto. Wrap like a burrito.
- Lightly brush each wrap with extra virgin olive oil and place in a Panini press, seam side down. Press down top and lightly toast each sandwich.
Wrap in deli paper and slice in half to serve.