Yield: 4 portions
1 lb. - 12 oz. - All-purpose flour
2 tbsp. - Salt
6 ea. - Eggs
3½ tbsp. - Water
3 tbsp. - Olive oil
- Mix flour and salt in large bowl. Make a well in the middle of flour.
- Place wet mixture in the middle of the well.
- Pull dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly.
- After all ingredients are mixed together, place onto work surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Run through pasta machine until approximately 1/8” thick.
12 oz.- Ricotta cheese
1 ea. - Egg
1 cup - Scallion (small chopped)
3 tbsp. - Flour
Salt & white pepper to taste
- Drain cheese well.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Place into refrigerator.
RED PEPPER FILLING
3 ea. - Large Red Peppers
- Roast peppers over open flame until outside is almost black.
- Place pepper into a bowl: cover with plastic wrap for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from bowl and peel away black coating.
- Cut peppers into medium dice.
- Return to bowl: cover with plastic wrap and place on side.
20-30 ea - Rosina ½ oz. Traditional Meatballs
- Place frozen meatballs into a bowl.
- Place into microwave for 3-4 minutes (or until warm).
- Cover and place on side.
2 ea. - Eggs
3 tbsp. - Water
Wisk eggs and water together. Place on side
ASSEMBLY OF PASTA
- Place pasta dough onto work surface. Place 1 tbsp. of cheese filling onto dough every 3 to 4 inches apart.
- Place 1 tbsp. of red peppers on top of cheese filling.
- Place 1 warm meatball on top of cheese and pepper filling. Lightly egg wash dough around each meatball.
- Place dough on top of meatballs. Press lightly around meatballs to start sealing the dough together. Cut dough in between each section of meatballs.
- Press outer edge of individual pasta balls with fork to finish sealing.
- Place pasta balls into boiling water (add 1 tbsp. of salt to water).
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until pasta dough is done. Remove from water and place into bowl.
GRAPE TOMATO SAUCE
4 qts. - Grape Tomatoes
3-4 cups - White wine
2-3 cloves - Garlic
½ cup - Shallots
½ cup - Parsley (freshly chopped)
½ cup - Oregano (freshly chopped)
¼ cup - Olive oil
- Place olive oil into large shallow pan over medium heat.
- Place garlic and shallots into pan and sweat out.
- Place tomatoes into pan to warm. (Don’t let tomatoes break apart).
- Place pasta balls into pan with tomatoes. Add wine, parsley and oregano into pan.
- Warm for about 5-8 minutes; the serve.
* This recipe was submitted by an Erie Community College Culinary School Rosina Recipe Contest Scholarship Winner.