MEATBALLS PROVENÇAL APPETIZER
Yield: 12 portions
72 ea. - Rosina® Italian Style Meatball, thawed (40071)
1 ¼ Cups - Olive Oil
8 Tbsp. - Fresh Garlic, chopped
6 oz - Onion, chopped
2 ¼ Lbs. - Tomato, chopped
12 oz - Mushrooms, sliced
12 oz - Bell Peppers, assorted colors, diced
12 Cups - Red Wine
16 Tbsp. - Tomato Paste
18 Tbsp. - Fresh Thyme
18 Tbsp. - Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
Sugar as need
Salt and Pepper as need
60 ea. - Garlic Bread Slices, toasted
- Heat a sauté pan; add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic and ½ oz. onion and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add 3 ozs. of diced tomato, 1 oz. of assorted colored bell pepper, 1 oz. sliced mushrooms and 6 Rosina® Italian Style Meatballs and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of red wine and 2 tsp. of tomato paste along with 1 tsp. each of fresh thyme and flat leaf parsley and stir together. Add sugar as needed if to acidic.
- Bring to a boil and let reduce until there is ¼ cup of liquid remaining and the sauce is thickened.
- Check the seasoning adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove to a small serving dish. Garnish with ½ tsp. each of fresh thyme and flat leaf parsley.
Serve with 5 slices of toasted garlic bread.