Yield: 12 portions
72 ea. (36 oz.) - Rosina® Sausage Meatballs (40492), thawed
24 ea. - Flour Tortilla, 12 inch
36 oz. - Pesto, prepared
18 oz. - Mozzarella Cheese shredded
18 oz. - Provolone Cheese shredded
30 oz. - Fresh Tomato, diced
- Slice 6 Rosina® Sausage Meatballs into 3 pieces each.
- Lay out 2 flour tortillas and spread one tortilla with ½ oz. of pesto.
- Spread 1 ½ oz. mozzarella cheese over the second tortilla.
- Evenly distribute the sliced sausage pieces over the cheese.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ oz. diced tomatoes over and around the sausage.
- Spread 1 ½ oz. provolone cheese over the tomato and sausage and top, with the second tortilla, pesto side down, press together.
- Carefully move the Romadilla to a hot griddle or large heated sauté pan.
- Grill over medium high heat until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese starts to melt, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully turn and repeat the procedure on the second side, remove to cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Spread a serving plate with 1 oz. of pesto.
- Place the cut Romadilla on the serving plate.
- Drizzle with an additional 1 oz. of pesto.
Garnish with 1 oz. of diced tomatoes.