Stuffed Pepper Stromboli
Yield: 1 stromboli (4 servings)
Portion Size: ¼ of stromboli
Flour as desired, for dusting
1 (14-oz) tube - Pre-made pizza dough
½ cup, plus more for dipping - Marinara sauce
½ cup, divided - Shredded mozzarella cheese
6 thin slices - Capicola ham
6 thin slices - Prosciutto
2 each - Rosina stuffed peppers
1 each - Egg
2 T - Sesame seeds
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly flour work surface. Unroll dough onto work surface with short sides facing you and lightly flour dough.
- Spread marinara sauce evenly over surface of dough, leaving a 1 inch border.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Evenly layer capicola ham and prosciutto over surface of dough.
- Place two stuffed peppers end to end along short end of the dough closest to you. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Gently begin to roll dough around peppers like a jelly roll. Continue rolling until all dough is rolled up.
- Place stromboli, seam side down, on parchment lined baking sheet. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush over surface of dough. Sprinkle sesame seeds evenly on top.
- Bake stromboli until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 4 portions and serving with marinara sauce for dipping.