STUFFED POTATOES WITH APRICOT CHUTNEY
Yield: 6 portions
12 ea. - Rosina® Traditional 1 oz. Meatballs, frozen, (40071)
2 cups - Mashed Potatoes
1 tbsp. - Butter
2 tbsp. - Milk
¼ cup - Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp. - Minced Parsley
2 - Eggs (beaten)
1 tbsp. - Cornstarch
¾ cup - Breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- You will need oil in a pot for deep frying, about 2 inches or use a deep fryer. Heat the oil to 350° F.
- Add butter, milk, cheese and parsley to potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Coat each meatball with about ½ inch of potato mixture.
- Mix egg with cornstarch for batter.
- Roll each ball in batter, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden brown, about 4 at a time.
- Remove and let stand 2-3 minutes, they will be very hot.
- Serve with apricot chutney (see below) or your favorite dipping sauce.
6 Fresh Apricots skinned and pitted or use jarred, (canned as a last resort)
½ cup - Orange juice
¼ cup - Sherry
½ tsp. - Cinnamon
¼ tsp. - Cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook until apricots are no longer firm. Mash with a potato masher or wooden spoon. Simmer until thick. Serve.
* This recipe was submitted by an Erie Community College Culinary School Rosina Recipe Contest Scholarship Winner.