Yield: 1 serving
4 ea. - Rosina® ½ oz. Swedish Meatballs, thawed, (40053)
2½ tbsp. - Butter
½ cup - Small onion (diced)
¼ cup - Small green pepper
½ cup - Baby Bella mushrooms (sliced)
¼ tsp. - Fresh Ground Black Pepper
4 slices - Sliced Swiss cheese (cut into quarters)
¼ tsp. - Sugar
¾ cup - Breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in small pan.
- Sauté onions and green peppers until tender.
- Season with sugar and pepper.
- Add mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes or until soft.
4 tbsp. - Butter
Melt butter in a bowl. Take 4-5 sheets of phyllo dough; lay flat on a cutting board. Cut the sheets in half, the short way. Make sure to cover the sheets that are not being used immediately with plastic wrap and a damp cloth. Brush 4 sheets with melted butter and stack on top of one another. Lay the cheese down, then the meatballs and top with the vegetables. Roll up and seal with melted butter. Place on cookie sheet, in middle oven rack. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
* This recipe was submitted by an Erie Community College Culinary School Rosina Recipe Contest Scholarship Winner.